It looks like we are turning the corner from Winter and the Pandemic. How do I know? Airbag shipments have been increasing. However, I have been getting calls from Recyclers saying that someone new has taken over the airbag program. In many cases, the new folks are not getting the full training experience.
Our Software Platform is Flexible
Luckily, we did a major upgrade on our Recall software last Fall, and it is streamlined and easy to follow. Every page has numbered steps, and our Web/Desktop software works seamlessly with our Mobile platform. Our goal is to keep things simple. We understand that this is not your full-time job, so we have made it easy for when you put your Recalled Airbag hat on.
Some of the Basics:
- Not every vehicle represented on our Make and Model Checklist have defective Takata airbags
- Every vehicle must be VIN validated using the RAS Web/Desktop or Mobile platforms
- Recalls provide a way to squeeze extra income from your vehicles
- At current Vehicle Scrap prices, each airbag is valued at under $2. It’s time to #yankthatbag!
- You can only process deployed airbags on the Mobile App
- For all you App Lovers, you can run your whole airbag program on the Mobile App
- Both Deployed and Non-Deployed airbags go in the same Cart for EZ invoicing
- Shipping — only one airbag per hazmat box
- RAS will send you the hazmat kits at no charge as part of the Federal Safety Recall
- RAS creates the Hazmat BOL for you based on your invoice and sends it directly to your email
- RAS will arrange freight pick up at no charge
Google search #yankthatbag for a ton of easy links to videos and more regarding the Takata Recall. In fact, we just released a new “Defective Takata Airbag Packing and Shipping” video. Go to our Rebuilders Automotive Supply YouTube channel to watch.
Myth vs Reality
Some folks don’t participate in the Recall Program. Several reasons for not removing these lethal airbags:
- Labor — “It takes too long to pull the airbags” This is a complete Myth.
- a. Driver Airbag – Reality — Average time to pull is 5 minutes, with most under 2 minutes. Hmmm $55 for 5 minutes work??
- b. Passenger Airbag – Reality — Average time to pull is 15 min, with most under 10 minutes. Hmmm . . .$60 for 10 minutes work. How can we pass that up?
- c. Packing a box? Really? Reality — Fold bottom flaps and run one strip of tape 30 seconds. Put airbag into anti-static bag, zip tie, and stick in box with some bubble wrap and tape top flaps of box = under a minute.
Here to Help You be Successful!
RAS has an incredible support system for all newbies. First, we have Account Managers and Recall Specialists.
They can be reached at 877-829-1553. Second, there is a “Recall Training Guide” pdf as soon as you log into CorePro for Recalls. Plus, there are numerous videos on our YouTube Channel.
You can also contact me, Paul the “Recall Guy” firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-458-9080
Katie the “Recall Gal” and Paul the “Recall Guy” represent the RAS Recall Team. Their Mission is to rid the planet of defective Airbags.
Want to join the Mission? Call our Recall Team 877-829-1553 x 160